Carlos (tallon29) wrote,

  • Mood:


Well, I haven't told everything about why I was so sick, so I will now.

Thursday night I started to get a bad headache. I had a fever and the chills and was shaking (sometimes quite a bit). I woke up Friday still just as sick, but had things to do at work so I went in. About 2 o'clock the VP came by my office, saw me in my trenchcoat and sunglasses (because I was shivering and my headache was so bad I needed to dim the lights) and sent me home. (about everyone in the office had told me to go home at least twice).

Sometime Friday evening my left calf began to hurt. Like I had a cramp or pulled a muscle or something. I slept a LOT Friday afternoon and so didn't sleep much through the night. I had the lights all of in my apartment because of my headache, but when going to the bathroom I had to turn on the light and noticed that my left leg was very red and swollen. I put a bunch of Tiger Balm on it but that didn't seem to work, so I went and threw a bag of ice on it and sat for a few hours, but that didn't work. Finally Sunday afternoon (after the race) I went to the emergency room to get it looked at.

Pain-wise, my leg is fine if I'm laying down or it is otherwise completely relaxed. However, if I try and move it (or walk on it), the pain is EXCRUCIATING. It makes my ankle a month or so ago look like a stubbed toe. It's almost as if I have a permanant cramp. VERY painful. I mean, I've had to fight to hold back tears from the pain when trying to walk around my apartment.

So anyway, in the emergency room they told me it might be blood clots in my leg that was messing with my circulation. So they were going to do an ultrasound type deal on my leg, but first they drew blood (from my right arm) and also gave me a Tetinis(sp?) shot (in my right shoulder) because I hadn't had one in the last five years. They also set me up with an IV hookup in my right arm just in case they needed it later.

Well, the nurse came back 5 minutes later and said they had to take more blood. The last sample clotted before it got to the lab. Needless to say, I was a little worried. So they took blood out of my left arm, and this time everything went fine.

The technician came in and did the ultrasound thing, but my leg was fine. No sign of anything abnormal. So they diagnosed it as Cellulitis. Cellulitis is an infection of muscle and skin tissue cause commonly by insect or spider bites, but also by other things. So they fed me a bag of antibiotics through the IV, gave me a prescription, and sent me on my way. I am to stay of fmy feet for two days, and keep my leg elevated (so the PC is pretty much out -_-). I go back on Tuesday afternoon for a followup.

I took a picturee of my leg. IT IS NOT PRETTY. I am posting it for those of you who are curious, but you've been warned that it may gross out some of you (Spooky is keeping me company ;)

Wish me well, I'll be bored out of my mind on my couch or bed. Night.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.