Carlos (tallon29) wrote,
Carlos
tallon29

Lava lamp left on hot stovetop explodes, killing man

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/30/lava.lamp.death.ap/index.html


KENT, Washington (AP) -- A man who
placed a lava lamp on a hot stovetop was killed when it exploded and
sent a shard of glass into his heart, police said.

Philip Quinn, 24, was found dead in his trailer home Sunday night by his parents.

"Why on earth he was heating a lava lamp on the stove, we don't know," Kent Police spokesman Paul Petersen said Monday.

After the lamp exploded, Quinn apparently stumbled into his bedroom, where he died Sunday afternoon, authorities said.

Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use.

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment